Personal Assistant to the Chief Rabbi and Chief Executive:
The Office of the Chief Rabbi (OCR) is looking to recruit an exceptionally capable individual to the position of Personal Assistant to the Chief Rabbi and Chief Executive.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the office and will carry significant responsibility. The role is a demanding one, working for two principals in a pressured and fast-paced public office. Secretarial experience is not a pre-requisite for this role. The successful candidate will be highly organised, able to work under pressure, with a proactive approach. He/she will be sensitive and discerning.
The role will entail the following responsibilities:
For the Chief Rabbi:
- Responsibility for managing the Chief Rabbi’s writing commitments
- Secretarial support and drafting correspondence for the Chief Rabbi
- Arranging the Chief Rabbi’s phone calls
- Organising and arranging the Chief Rabbi’s international trips, in coordination with the Diary Secretary
- Responsibility for the Chief Rabbi’s patronages
For the CEO:
- Responsibility for the CEO’s diary
- Liaising with the Chief Rabbi’s diary secretary to ensure that the Chief Rabbi and Chief Executive’s diaries are coordinated
- Responsibility for CEO’s travel arrangements
- Secretarial support and drafting correspondence for CEO
- Monitoring the CEO’s inbox and providing support
Wider Office Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for arranging internal and external events at the Chief Rabbi’s home and offices.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the suite at Central shul
- Opening and sorting office post and emails
- Handling external telephone queries and filtering calls as necessary
- Ordering of office stationery and furniture
- Administering the office credit cards and expenses
- Administration support for the Rabbinical Commission for the Licensing of Shochetim.
The position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure, to ensure timely delivery of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A good working knowledge of the Jewish community
- Identification with the ethos and vision of the Office of the Chief Rabbi
The nature of the role at times requires availability outside of office hours. The role itself requires flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the OCR.
Salary band: £36,000-£44,000
The role is based primarily at the office in North Finchley, with time spent at the Chief Rabbi’s offices at Central Synagogue. You will report to the Chief Executive. This is a full-time role, although some flexibility can be considered.
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role to email@example.com with ‘Personal Assistant’ in the subject field. All applications must be received by 9am on Monday 4th April. First-round interviews will take place on Thursday 7th April.