Internship at the Office of the Chief Rabbi
The Office of the Chief Rabbi (OCR) is looking to recruit a committed and proactive intern to join this fast paced, high profile public office. The OCR Internship is offered to an outstanding graduate who has demonstrated a commitment to community service and Jewish life. This graduate placement will provide an excellent introduction to the Jewish community across the UK and to the work of the OCR, with a particular focus on the Chief Rabbi’s Centre for Community Excellence (CCE) and ShabbatUK.
The role includes:
- Assisting with the running of the CCE, including administering the grant process, collecting
evaluation forms, tracking funded programmes, monitoring finances and writing reports
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of various ShabbatUK projects and initiatives
- Liaising with communities and stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the CCE and of ShabbatUK
- Supporting other projects and initiatives of the OCR
- Hold Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage several projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the Jewish community
- Identifies with the ethos and vision of the Office of the Chief Rabbi
The successful candidate may be expected to work and attend meetings and events outside of office hours. The role itself requires flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the OCR. Salary: £21,000 per annum.
This is a full-time graduate placement starting in September 2021 for six months, with the possibility of extension for a further 6 months by mutual agreement.
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role to email@example.com with ‘Intern’ in the subject field. All applications must be received by midday on Wednesday 11th August 2021.