Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Office of the Chief Rabbi (OCR) is committed to respecting your privacy. In general, you can visit this website without revealing any information about yourself. We do collect information regarding visits to our website, we analyse this data for trends and statistics to help us provide you with a better service and support.
This policy explains what information we gather when you visit the OCR website and explains how that information is used.
It is important for you to appreciate that this website provides links to other independent sites, including the United Synagogue and other affiliated entities. This policy applies only to direct accesses to the OCR website – URLs starting http://www.chiefrabbi.org
If you are requesting help and we need to contact you, we will contact you via email first. If unsuccessful (or time is critical), we will try to contact you by phone.
As with the vast majority of Web sites, the OCR automatically logs certain information about every request made of it (see below for more details). This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept indefinitely.
Relevant subsets of this data may be passed to computer security teams as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site or other computing equipment within the hosting organisation. Data may also, on occasion, be passed to the administrators of other computer systems to enable investigation of problems accessing this site or of system misconfigurations. Otherwise the logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law.
Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but those that are do not include information from which individuals could be identified.
Where forms are provided on this site, the pages containing these forms include information on how data submitted on them will be processed and used.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
The following data is automatically logged for each request:
• The name or network address of the computer making the request. Please note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that the data recorded may be that of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client.
- The date and time of connection.
- The HTTP request, which contains the identification of the document requested.
- The status code of the request (success or failure etc.).
- The number of data bytes sent in response.
- The contents of the HTTP Referrer header supplied by the browser.
- The content of the HTTP User-Agent header supplied by the browser.
- Logging of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
Access to user data
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the ‘Data Controller’ for the processing of any data collected by this site is the OCR, and the point of contact for subject access requests is David Frei. The OCR is also Data Controller in respect of any personal data served as content by this site.
Copyright and Disclaimer
All material contained on the OCR website is covered by a disclaimer and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
Access to the Website is subject to your agreement to the following:
- The OCR website is designed for information purposes only.
- Users must not reproduce, download, store in any medium, distribute, transmit or retransmit or manipulate any text except for the purposes of research or private study. Reproduction for any other purpose is not permitted without written permission which must be obtained in advance from:
305 Ballards Lane
Tel: 020 8343 6301
- All brand names publishing activities and trademarks used on these Web pages are the trademarks, service marks or trade names of their respecti