Ma’ayanot – draft
In April 2018, ten women graduated from the Chief Rabbi’s Ma’ayan Programme, having completed 18 months of learning and training to become high-level educators for the Jewish community, as well as advisors in the area of Taharat Hamishpacha (laws of family purity) and women’s health issues.
The Ma’ayanot have a great deal to offer communities and the Office of the Chief Rabbi would be pleased to discuss various options with you to find a way to maximise benefit in your community.
What can a Ma’ayan offer?
A Ma’ayan can offer the following provision to a community:
- Capacity as an outstanding educator, to add to the educational offering that a community has in place. This will relate to all subjects and areas of Jewish learning, and can benefit the whole community.
- Knowledge and expertise in the area of Taharat Hamishpacha (laws of family purity) which can be used to:
- Deal with individual questions on Taharat Hamishpacha
- Run programming for women in the area of Taharat Hamishpacha
- Knowledge and understanding of wider women’s health, emotional, psychological and mental health issues, as well as the halachic perspective on these issues, which will enable the Ma’ayan to:
- Run programming for women in any of these areas
- Support women of all ages in the community and to signpost women to services for further support, as appropriate.
If you would be interested in knowing how a Ma’ayan could help your community, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8343 6219.