The Ma’ayan Programme
The Ma’ayan Programme trains women as high-calibre Jewish educators as well as experts in the area of Taharat Hamishpacha (the laws of family purity). Participating in the programme is an exciting opportunity to deepen your knowledge, develop your skills and be part of a cohort of role models who will have a tangible impact on the British Jewish community.
A second round of the Ma’ayan Programme will begin in September 2020 and will finish in April 2022. It will require a time commitment of one day per week for the duration of the programme, plus some additional learning sessions.
The programme will include:
- Intensive halachic learning sessions with Dayanim and Rabbanim
- Expert training in the medical aspects of women’s health from UCL’s Institute for Women’s Health
- Instruction in mental health issues, counselling and staffing a Taharat Hamishpacha hotline
- Practical skills training, in order to become a top quality educator in a community context, taught by a variety of experts in the field
- Leadership training from the Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning
Applications for the programme are now closed. To find out more information, please contact Michelle Bauernfreund on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to be in touch. Contact Michelle on email@example.com.