Enfield & Winchmore Hill: Tashlich Cruise II
The Tashlich Cruise developed by Rebbetzen Sufrin of Enfield is fast becoming an annual tradition, as members embarked on their second educational and social barge trip in honour of this mitzvah. In addition to learning about the Rosh Hashana custom and embracing the opportunity to perform it, members enjoyed lunch and entertainment delivered by madrichim and a speaker. Levels of praise for a shul-organised event were unprecedented.
To put Tashlich on the map and to satisfy popular demand for the next Tashlich Cruise!
To promote understanding of this very important annual custom
Evaluation from Rebbetzen Sufrin
‘The cruise brought an awareness of Tashlich to a group of people who not only had not practiced it, but may not have even heard of it. One person was so moved by it, that he wanted to do an extra mitzvah, probably becoming the first person ever to don Teffilin on the Golden Star on the Thames. Never before had there been such a volume of praise, compliments, and adulation for a shul organised activity. Coming off the boat and later off the coach, the smiling faces were a pleasure to behold. People were already signing up for the next one on the day! Thank you CRE for the encouragement to go bigger and bigger.’
- It gave me a lovely feeling of combined religious and social belonging
- An innovative idea and a bit different from the norm. For a small Synagogue Enfield punches above its weight
- Thanks for an inspiring and spiritual day out which gave us the motivation to go home and build a Succah.
- The entire afternoon was beautifully orchestrated and went off without any hitches. Everyone participating thoroughly enjoyed it and our wonderful Rebbetzen Mrs Sufrin even managed to get lovely weather thrown in!
- The reaction of the other community members from various synagogues who attended was of joy, happiness and togetherness. Everyone participated and enjoyed the entertainment. I would definitely go again next year.