Job Vacancy – External Affairs Officer
The Office of the Chief Rabbi (OCR) is looking to recruit a talented and engaging External Affairs Officer to join this fast paced, high profile public office. This permanent role will provide integral support to the Director of External Affairs in the areas of Education, Interfaith and Social Responsibility as well as wider stakeholder engagement and issues management. The role is suited to someone with a real passion for the multiple issues the OCR works on, who has sound judgement and is committed to helping the Chief Rabbi achieve his vision of a Judaism of responsibility.
The role includes:
- Preparing research and briefing materials ahead of meetings and events
- Assisting with project management of key office initiatives, including the Ben Azzai Programme and In Good Faith
- Representing the office at events and meetings, including accompanying the Chief Rabbi to events
- Helping to build relationships for the office across a range of areas including Education, Interfaith and Social Responsibility
- Drafting written correspondence
- Monitoring developments in key policy and issue areas
- 2 years experience in external affairs roles, however recent graduates will also be considered where they can demonstrate alternative relevant experience and particular strength in other areas of the personal specification
- A good understanding of, and instincts in relation to, the community’s key issues and challenges
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Creativity and an ideas generator
- The ability to be proactive and flexible
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage several projects at once
- Identifies with the ethos and vision of the OCR
- Hold Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
The successful candidate may be expected to work and attend meetings and events outside of office hours. The role itself requires flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the OCR.
This is a full-time role. Flexible working can be discussed.
Salary: £23-30k, depending on experience.
The role is based primarily at the OCR in North Finchley, reporting to the Director of External Affairs.
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘External Affairs Officer’ in the subject field. All applications must be received by 9am on Monday 3rd May 2021.