Borehamwood & Elstree: A Covent Garden Chanukah
Everyone in Borehamwood’s blossoming Jewish community was catered for at BES’ Covent Garden in the Wood Chanukah Party as the congregation came together to celebrate the Festival of Lights. Street performers, upbeat music, a fêted meaty meal and of course the obligatory candle-lighting drew in hundreds of people looking for an appropriately festive atmosphere. As if the thrilling theme wasn’t enough, celebrations were concluded with a professional firework display.
To bring all demographics of the community together at a single event, in an environment that will appeal to everyone; to celebrate Chanukah together in a thrilling and unique way, while celebrating the past, present and future of the Borehamwood community year.
Evaluation from Nicholas Mandel (Board Member):
“Thank you again for your incredible support and that of the CRE, we’re very grateful. There’s no way we could have put on our Chanukah event to such a huge scale without it! My main regret is that we had to limit the numbers to 400 – we could have done with an even bigger venue!”
- It sounded like a wonderful event for the whole family, so I booked for 9 plus 2 babies and all ages loved it. Both the adults and children came away with very happy memories.
- What better way to spend part of Chanukah than with of our fantastic community.
- It was heartening to see people come out in force to support the community and partake in a fun family activity to observe Chanuka.
- The children’s events are always excellent and this one looked it too. Enjoyable afternoon with the kids and community that fuelled a great sense of togetherness.
- A fun-filled Chanukah afternoon loved by my kids! Thanks BES for a great afternoon. I feel proud to be a member of such a great community.